Tuesday, March 1, 2016

White Chocolate Chip Cookies


I myself don't nessecarily consider myself a huge fan of chocolate. Sure, I'll eat it every now and then when I have the opportunity. But I hardly ever buy some for myself. My husband however loves anything chocolate. Lucky for him I love baking. And that's the way I will actually enjoy chocolate, if I bake with it myself. Like brownies, or chocolate chip cookies.


Working with a little girl who doesn't like chocolate has lead me to broaden my horizon when it comes to baking. And when I say she doesn't like it, I mean won't eat it. At all. Can you imagine that? I might not be a big fan, but I won't say no to it when it stares me right in the face... No chocolate ice cream, brownies, hot cocoa, nothing. 
Except white chocolate... Makes sense, since white chocolate consists more of butter and sugar than anything else. Anyway, she's the reason I decided to change up my winning milk chocolate chip cookie recipe to a white chocolate chip batch. And to really bring out the flavor I added some cinnamon. Let me tell you, I like these better than my normal chocolate chip cookies! Let me share the recipe with you so you can taste for yourself. 


  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks) 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Combine the butter with both sugars in a different bowl, mix on medium speed until the the consistency becomes light and fluffy. After that add the salt, vanilla, and eggs and mix on low speed until smooth. Add in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to drop perfectly sized dough balls about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies until their get a soft golden color on the edges, between 8 and 10 minutes. Keep a close eye on the cookies to make sure they come out soft in the center. After removing sheet from the over leave cookies to cool for 5 minutes before moving to a rack. 




No comments:

Post a Comment