Saturday, September 30, 2017

Pumpkin Pancakes

A fall family favorite


Tis the season... For pumpkin spice flavored everything! The first day of fall was upon us last week so not only did I kick it off by decorating the house with fall worthy decor. I also decided to share one of my favorite fall staples with you to welcome the season in appropriate fashion! 


Want a sneak peak at our entry way? Check out the pic below. Had a little help from my sister in law, we spent some quality time bonding whilst struggling with and cursing at a particularly stubborn and at times uncooperative Garland. But we got the job done! What do you think?

Let's be honest, the commercial holiday craze here in the US keeps starting earlier and earlier. I went to the store to look for some quick fall decorations for the finishing touch on our entry way this weekend and I kid you not, they busted out the racks with Christmas decorations already. Just a tad crazy if you ask me, considering it still being September and not even the month of the first fall holiday; Halloween... 

But if there's any yearly holiday craze I can get behind, it's pumpkin spice flavor. LOVE that stuff. Every October and November it returns and becomes like a drug to me. And a challenge. How many recipes can I make with pumpkin and pumpkin spice before the time of year is over. I have to confess, it's a problem. Although my husband would probably disagree. As would my employers come to think of it. 

I have tried a whole lot of different recipes over the last few years, but there is one that stands out and I always circle back to. Pumpkin pancakes. Yesterday was the perfect day here in the San Francisco Bay Area to lock yourself inside, in the kitchen in my case (or stay in bed) and enjoy the rain from a warmer and dryer perspective. 
So I made my go to fall recipe, pumpkin pancakes. A fall family favorite as I like to call it. Here it is for you to enjoy on a possibly cold and rainy fall day. 


  • 2 1/3 cup Heart Healthy Bisquick
  • 1 1/4 cup milk 
  • 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

This recipe couldn't possibly be any simpler. 
Throw all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix until smooth. 
Poor 1/4 cup of batter in a skillet on medium heat, flip over when edges look dry and center begins to bubble. 

That's it. Serve with whatever you like your pancakes with. Bacon? Butter? Honey or maple syrup? Whipped cream? It's your call! 

No comments:

Post a Comment